rover value

nu2rovers

How long is a piece of string?

Is it an 88" or I take it more likely a 109 ? Where are you located? What does it actually look like (as in this post is useless without pictures)?

If you are in Canada, I really can't say. If you are in the US, it depends to a large extent on where you are and whether you are buying or selling.

Hypothetically, if it is in sound mechanical condition with a good solid chassis, interior in reasonably good shape, relatively original, and a bit tarted up, assuming this is a 2.25 petrol 109, you could sell it to someone who knows what they are letting themselves in for in the area of $3500. Assuming the same conditions, you could sell it to someone who thinks its 'just the thing' for the their summer house on Nantucket for $8000 (and maybe more). If it looks knackered think more like $1000 - $1500.

If you're buying, it's worth as little/much as you are willing to pay for it...

• 2 weeks later...
How long is a piece of string?

Is it an 88" or I take it more likely a 109 ? Where are you located? What does it actually look like (as in this post is useless without pictures)?

If you are in Canada, I really can't say. If you are in the US, it depends to a large extent on where you are and whether you are buying or selling.

Hypothetically, if it is in sound mechanical condition with a good solid chassis, interior in reasonably good shape, relatively original, and a bit tarted up, assuming this is a 2.25 petrol 109, you could sell it to someone who knows what they are letting themselves in for in the area of $3500. Assuming the same conditions, you could sell it to someone who thinks its 'just the thing' for the their summer house on Nantucket for $8000 (and maybe more). If it looks knackered think more like $1000 - $1500.

If you're buying, it's worth as little/much as you are willing to pay for it...

Those values are pretty current for Canada too. So much depends on condition. A fully restored unit in as new condition might be worth $20,000 to the right buyer and a pile of parts with rust frame might be $200.

John