clutch stopped working

Hello Everyone

I've not been on in a while as everythings been running smoothly on my 110. I'm busy working from home and so not using it everyday. I hoped in yesterday and found to drive to the shops and noticed it was hard to engage gears. Got it home and thought today I should have a look to see what the problem might be. Jumped in,started up and no gear can be selected unless the engine is switched off. There have been no bangs or other noises like those I've felt when work van clutches have failed and I'm really hoping at this time of the year its not a new clutch needed.

Has anyone any advice on what to check for. I feel the pedal is a bit softer and longer than before so I'm really hoping its a slave or something bleeding issue.

It's a 1987 110 county with a 300tdi fitted onto lt77 and a 1:22 transfer box on there aswell if this helps narrow the problem down.

Thanks in advance guys

Connor