Random relay?

Nigelw

Ok it was 22:30, started the Rusty one to shunt onto the landing strip in front of the apartment so I could empty it ready for tomorrows safety test tomorrow, problem, the dash warning for the indicators is flashing, but the indicators and hazards are not on!!!

New indicator/hazard switch less than 6months ago, I have changed the relay for a different one, but, old relay is a "Klaxon 12V M10 72286 (12V 46-42-92W) " with 4 pins(3 outer and 1 in the middle) and the one I replaced it with is a 5 pin relay from my spares but now I have no dash warning lamp for the indicators???

Any ideas on this random anomaly, really didn't need this the night before the safety test but, what else should I expect from it now :blush:

Had this trouble with a freelander, turned out to be a crumbling, failing towing socket, various wires were earthing/shorting. As it was desperate for an mot as you are, i stuck a 3 pin relay in which didnt have the trailer light function which worked fine for the test. Maybe that offers a starting point though?

I removed the trailer socket a long time ago when the plough came off.

The only issue is that I don't have a dash warning lamp at the moment, is this a common type of relay? I don't have a spare and as I have never seen one before I am not sure I can get one either?