110 Suspension questions - warning long ramble!

Hi everyone

Merry Christmas, I hope you've all enjoyed spending the last couple of days lying in a freezing puddle of slush like me!

I'm in the middle of putting my new axles on my 110 and have been looking at my suspension

I have Gwyns 2 inch spacers to fit because I want a small lift to clear my 35s that are going on, and to restore a bit of approach and departure back (husky and tow pack), I have -2 turrets and -2 rear dropper kit ready to fit.

I'd like to change my current standard 110HD PoS britpart springs (I know, fitted in emergency to get mobile!) for gen parts 110 HD springs (I have a cage/husky etc) and I'd like to improve my travel, my car is used about 80% off road, am I right in thinking that if I use my -2 bits with my +2 spacers and new +2 pin pin dampers that should equate roughly to using the standard height springs with a challenge style rear pin top mount, +2 turrets and +5 dampers like Gwyns challenge set up?

Apologies for the rambling but I am a bit hungover and have been lying in snow trying to visualise this working for the whole morning lol!

Mike

I've read it twice and it sounds wrong?
"-2 bits with my +2 spacers and new +2 pin pin dampers" sounds like you'll smash the shock mounts off. And maybe it should be +2 dampers and plus 2" bump stops so the whole lot moves down 2". But then you have no more axel twist than before.

I'd go +2 springs with a higher rate, to jack up and compensate for the winch. (I think I did by using RRC rears up front).

Anyhoo, when I studied my 1972 RRC chassis I found with no springs on and full articulation, the shock just nearly bottomed out. That's the main risk, so worth cycling the suspension with no springs on and make sure the bump stops do something :)

I know mine isn't a 110, but it is very similar and I have had the same sagging front end.

The spacers are 2" and effectively move the shock 2" down relative to the spring? I think the gwyn kit uses standard height springs and +5 shocks, so sticking his rear challenge mount onto the -2 rear mounts, and using -2 turrets with +2 shocks should allow me lift and articulation using standard LR 110 td5 hd progressive springs to retain some road manners, I have in the distant past used +2 springs but they were just hideously hard and made the ride horrible, off road felt like driving a washing machine!

Like I said I might well be barking completely up the wrong tree!