Hi Cap 90

Hi Folks

Im thinking of converting my 90 truckcap into a Hi Cap 90. Ive sourced a tub and bulkhead from a 110 and will chop it down to suit. I have the LRe mag that covered this conversion already. The fella didnt reattach the front of the Hi-Cap tub, he used Al treadplate to cover it up.. Can anybody explain why?

Unless the front of the tub can be reattached to give a factory standard finish I propably wont bother with the conversion.

Cheers

Vinny

From what I recall about the article he just used chequer-plate because he 'likes the look of it'.

That's fine as it is his vehicle but I thought it completely spoilt what was otherwise a nice conversion and made it look home-brewed whereas with some flat alloy sheet it would have looked far more professional. Even if you need the strength that 2-3mm chequer-plate can give you can do the same thing with flat plate of the same thickness.

As I said, personal preference as I hate chequer-plate. :)

Im not a fan of chequer plate either, but was trying to figure out why he didnt reuse the front of the hi-cap tub? Would it foul the wheel arches or something?

Would anybody have the dimensions or specs of a 110 Hi-cap tub?

Ok next question then!!

I removed the standard 90/110 diesel filler from the side of the tub and fitted the series type just behind the drivers door. If I use the Hi-cap truck cab bulkhead can I still fit the series filler?

post-280-1163152361_thumb.jpg

Ok next question then!!

I removed the standard 90/110 diesel filler from the side of the tub and fitted the series type just behind the drivers door. If I use the Hi-cap truck cab bulkhead can I still fit the series filler?

If you can physically fit it, no problem. The hi cap bulkhead has the same profile as the tub side although its very short.