Disco 2 ACE hydraulic pipe conversion using made up pipes.

hoss1720

I have just decided to replace the rear pipes on the system,following a ruptured pipe.

I was wondering if anyone has replaced the originals with made up units, a combination of metal and flexible hose.

I have taken mine off and made a bypass on the valve block for now to keep the pump lubricated.

Any pics or plans would be great.

If I have any success I will post the outcome.

We considered it, as we are well into hydraulics, but went for the proper kit. It fitted on, had extra joints so the body could stay on, and the clamps were already there. What we spent in cash we saved on time. After doing it I can't see any tech reason not to build your own.

The valve block can be tapped with hydraulic threads should it be so corroded it won't take 'O' rings. We were okay with ours, but a mate did his.

post-6002-0-43031300-1423502596_thumb.jpg

Pipes made.

Made them longer than the originals so to avoid the awkward bends over the axle. I have some 10 mm stainless pipe to go into the valve block.

I will post some pictures of them once fitted.

Cost,less than£50 for everything.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...