auto box wiring loom

200tdimorgan

Evening folk, bit of advice required. Bought an 04 es premium auto, with known a couple of faults, hopefully being smallish and repairable but maybe doubting that now. The issue I'm having problems with is the xyz switch. The m and s lights are flashing constantly from when the ignition is one, and holding the box in 3rd gear. I have fitted a switch that was said to be second hand but checked to be working (still could be faulty but trying to iron out other possibilities). This hasn't changed anything. The thing that gets me is that there is no indication led to say which gear is selected on the console, and know letter on the dash. Reading posts the led usually flashes next to the selected gear when there is a fault. The other thing I have noticed is two wires that aren't connected to anything. They come from the xyz switch loom, where it splits from one big loom to xyz, gearbox connection and then these two wires. They are green black and black. Both with female spade connections. Can't see any.obvious places to plug into but can't see top of box.

Any advice would be great

Cheers

As far as I remember (been a few years now) there is a special tool that you need to use to fit it in the correct position. It might be worth simply fiddling with it a bit and adjusting it either way in small increments. Also look for the mark where the original was fitted, and try and match it to that - there will probably be a clean spot under where the old one was!

Yeh I've seen in rave that tool but looking at many many threads about replacing it it seemed it wasn't deemed necessary if someone sat in the vehicle and shouted when the correct light came on for the correct gear. And also the starting inhibitor doing its job as in only starting in p or n. Just the way no indication led on the console and no letter on the dash is illuminated that makes me wonder if the fault is elsewhere. Cheers