v8 maf to inlet length.....

Disco-Ron

I'm fitting a hotwire v8 in my defender, and the original discovery inlet arrangement won't fit easily...... I'm probably going to move the Mac to behind the throttle cable.... what I'm interested in is ... is there a recognized maximum length between the Mac and inlet...... I've heard stories of other engines making more torque the longer the length, to a point, but I suspect in my case a few extra inches probably won't make any difference......

Still an interesting question though, for me anyway.....

Don't know what a Mac is, but if you are talking of the MAF sensor you will not cause issues with the placement, don't know if you will gain anything noticeable but the real difference is the actual intake manifold design where things happen and the size of your air box and filter.

The NAS Defender V8s have a pretty long hose between MAF and plenum. That is what I am using on mine.

I have heard it said (nothing proven) that throttle response can be lazier when these items are further apart. The std RRC/Discovery layout is far closer together.