Land Rover parts in northern Portugal?

GBMUD

I am currently holidaying (greenlaning) in northern Portugal with my 90 and I find myself in need of a rear output bearing for my LT230 - STC1130. Any suggestions where I should be trying? I (or one of my party) can travel a reasonable distance to get one. Ideally someone who speaks English over the telephone!

Any help greatly appreciated.

I may not see the forum much, but email is stc1130@gbmud.co.uk

Chris

If you can go to a local electrical rebuilding shop that rebuilds generators, they can match up for example a SKF bearing that fits. (I actually did this very thing Tuesday this week when i realized that I didn't order 2 bearing for the LT230 that I'm rebuilding at the moment)

Cheers,
Todd.

Thanks for the ideas guys, I appreciate it.

I have actually sorted the issue now. I found an SKF number on the web and found a local supplier who sold me a bearing for €12. I returned to the campsite, started stripping and found that the big but holding the drive flange on was loose. As it turns out there is no play at the bearing and the seal has not leaked - oil has come through the splines and contaminated the handbrake, but I can live with that. I have tightened the nut...

Cheers

Chris