v8 fuel problems.

bathtub

Well ill try & make this quick so you clever ****s can help :blink:

TVR 500 Rover V8

2 New red top facets to feed new efi inline pump.

Ive bi passed the fuel tank & returns by using Jerrys cans so to eliminate tank problems.

All new leads plugs etc .

The problem is,

1st i run the red tops to charge the fuel lines & gives around 10psil.

2nd turn the ignition key & injection the fuel pump relay comes on the pump goes up to 40psi -relay shuts off & normally unless you start the car the fuel pressure gauge stays around the same !

But now the as soon as the relay shuts off the pressure drops to about 10psi .

Turn on ignition same again & so on.

If i run the car the same happens but obviusly runs a little pooey but the fuel pumps are all running & getting 12.5V ish so the relay is coming back on. :huh:

So my question is can it only be my power boost valve{regulator} or can it be electrical ,before i just go out & buy another one.

PS still wont go diesel before someone says it :P

Well ill try & make this quick so you clever ****s can help :blink:

TVR 500 Rover V8

2 New red top facets to feed new efi inline pump.

Ive bi passed the fuel tank & returns by using Jerrys cans so to eliminate tank problems.

All new leads plugs etc .

The problem is,

1st i run the red tops to charge the fuel lines & gives around 10psil.

2nd turn the ignition key & injection the fuel pump relay comes on the pump goes up to 40psi -relay shuts off & normally unless you start the car the fuel pressure gauge stays around the same !

But now the as soon as the relay shuts off the pressure drops to about 10psi .

Turn on ignition same again & so on.

If i run the car the same happens but obviusly runs a little pooey but the fuel pumps are all running & getting 12.5V ish so the relay is coming back on. :huh:

So my question is can it only be my power boost valve{regulator} or can it be electrical ,before i just go out & buy another one.

PS still wont go diesel before someone says it :P

Hi Pete,

so its not just me then having V8 probs....

Ok

Your pumps should pressurise your fuel rail to the chosen PSI.

The chosen PSI is set by your PRV

Most (think yours will be) PRV will only dump pressure back to the tank in excess of what its set as, but if the fuel pumps switch off some hold the rail pressure longer than others ? ansd some fuel pumps (like RR HP ones) have non return valves in, I have seen some engines shut off and still have 30 psi in the rial 3 hours later.....

Trying to work out what you are saying.

so

PRV screwed will mean it will not hold pressure at chosen level, nomally dropping rather than allowing to high, but dependant on how you fuel pumps are set and if the pump has a non return it should stay pressurised long enough to start.

Need a bit more info to be sure, why have you got 2 or is it 3 pumps ?

Nige

Clamp the fuel rail return pipe, if the pressure is maintained at 40psi PRV is the problem.

Run system to get 40psi then clamp hose in front of efi pump. If pressure drops an injector is dribbling or being opened by shorted earth path. Disconnect injector wires if fault still occurs injector faulty.

If pressure is maintained, remove clamp, if the pressure now drops there is no non-return valve in the in-line EFi pump.