Freelander td4 facelift in tank pump/sender dillema

sierrafery

Hi all, i need some help to help a friend, it's about a 2005 Td4 with the suplimentary pump behind the rear wheelarch, according to microcat only the WQB000020 pump would fit which is friggin expensive, anyone tried to fit a cheaper WFX500070 or WFX000200 instead? or at least can anyone enlight me what's the difference between them, the electric connector or what? , i'm confused confused.gifconfused.gif

much obliged for the answer, so that ''thing'' in the tank is just a gauge sender and a pick-up unit for the main pump without any activity? it has no motor in it?

Correct,it was only up to 2002.5 that the FL1 had 2 low side pumps - one in the tank and one under the bonnet. from 2002.5 on it was the single pump under the arch.Sensible money replaces the filter next to it at the same time.

yes, i observed that, do you think that it fits into the tank like the "real" pumps like WFX500070 cos it seems the same shape... my friend has erratic gauge movements too beside the low pressure so i thought to fit one of those older modell pumps instead of that expensive sh*t, get a plug from a scrapyard and give feed to it too...do you think it would work together with the WFX000181, cos that one looks like the secondary pumps on older modells? ...it's a real mess anyway