2.25 5 bearing thread sizes

tony109

My old 2.25 diesel is on its last legs, burning oil, etc. So I've gone for the 5 bearing updated engine. Now am I right in thinking all the treads are metric on this engine? As its missing all the studs on the flywheel, the dipstick tube, manifold studs, engine mounts etc this is more of a mission than I thought, thinking I could simply swap the bits from my old 2.25 3 bearing. Theres 4 bolts instead of two holding the engine mount brackets, so were can I go for these parts.. Paddocks look good but am I right in thinking the engines all gone metric? Plus the crank shaft drive dog for the capstan winch will be missing...

So its the studs and bolts I need, can anyone advise a source?

Hi, thanks for the HNJ drive dog.. Not the same as the crank drive but the crankshaft bolt might be the answer. Its the bolt size for the engine mount bolts in the block Im stuck for. They're metric and probably the same size for the 2.5 and maybe 200 tdi?