RV8 4.6 to LT95 Gearbox

I have just bolted up my RV8 4.6 to the LT95 gearbox in my FC 101.

The original 3.5 had the tin sump which does not bolt up to the gearbox. The lower half of the gearbox bellhousing has a cast cover that bolts to the bellhousing to keep dirt out of the clutch etc.

Now the 4.6 sump is alloy and as well as bolting to the bottom of the engine would also bolt up to the bellhousing of whatever gearbox is being used on the 4.6. It is the rear of the engine sump that mates up to the lower gearbox bell housing and keep the dirt out.

On the 4.6 to LT95 the rear face of the sump and the front face of the LT95 bell housing mate up Ok but not the bolt holes which are too large on the sump and do not line up.

As the lower half of the bellhousing forms no part structurally with respect to being connected to the engine I am inclined not to worry about bolting the sump to bell housing - certainly the 3.5 did not need this.

I can drill some extra holes and just use nuts and bolts tie the sump and bellhousing together but I would prefer not too.

So is there any issue in not bolting the 4.6 sump to the LT95 bell housing? The area is just as watertight as the original arrangement with the 3.5 and no dirt will get into the clutch if it is nor bolted together.

Thanks

Garry