TD5 piston rings and head gasket

good day. I'm about to refresh my car due to high mileage. Have 2 questions:

1. What is the correct type of piston ring? Right now only appears to be one type, but have find 3 different types checking in Internet.

2. My car has a 1 hole head gasket... I've found this is a little taller than the one with 2 holes.... Can I just change it? Or this one hole is the correct for my 10P?

my car is a 2001 model, engine 10P936....

Standard piston ring set is  STC1427. There are 3 rings per piston - 2 compression, and one oil scraper (which is in 2 parts). Bear in mind that oversize pistons will have different ring sets/ part numbers, so you need to know if your pistons are standard or oversize. You can fit new rings by hand if you don't mind cutting your fingertips :) You will also need a ring compressor or be a bit handy with 2 small screwdrivers. The ring grooves will need decarbonising, and you use a broken piece of the old ring to do that. There will also be a 5-6mm strip of carbon at the top of each bore, which you will need to remove - usually with a steel or brass wire brush in an electric drill.

Don't buy britpart - no matter what it is. Unless of course you like dismantling engines :)

Les