1991 Defender 110 Front Windscreen dimensions an thickness.

Prith

Hi! Guys,

Does anyone have the exact dimensions & thickness of the front windscreen for a 1991 Defender 110? A template will really be helpful too. 

I need to change my the front windscreen/windsheild as its got too many scratches.

I have a 1991 110 CSW and I've had two replacement windscreens since 1995, the most recent one in 2009.  I have done ~150k kilometers since then.  Each time, all I did was order a Defender Windscreen from Paddocks together with a new rubber seal.  Each time the new screen was fitted without any problems and lasted about 8 years before it got so scratched and pitted that I needed to replace it.  At no time did I suffer any leakage through the screen sealing.  However, I note that Paddocks are not prepared to ship windscreens any longer.

Noting your location, your best bet might be to make a paper pattern of your existing screen, as far as the edge of the rubber surround, and ask if anyone knows, or can measure, the depth of the groove on the rubber surround.  You could possibly measure this yourself by inserting a thin knife blade, or possibly a feeler gauge blade, into the groove, pressed against the glass.  At a guess, I'd say it is about 4-5mm, but whatever the actual dimension is, it needs to be added all around the pattern taken as above. 

I'm afraid that I don't have any info on screen thickness, but I'm sure that you have local auto-glass suppliers who can supply laminated glass that complies with your local vehicle regs., and just buy a new seal, I believe it is CPE500030, but you can probably source locally the correct profile without ordering from UK.

Mike