Defender Extended Truck Cab

A family friend has recently purchased a 2012 110 pick-up, but being 6ft 4, he's struggling with the space in the truck cab.

Does anyone know of a company that are able to provide an extended truck cab kit?

He's not a DIY based person so is looking for a company that could supply and fit the bits including spraying to match the current paint.

I've seen that Foley do one, however they are only offering it for a chassis-cab at the moment.

http://foleysv.com/parts/cab-extension-kit

Thanks in advance,

Harry

If this doesn't fit, I'm not sure anything would as it's the modified rear panel that allows the seat to move further back (badly highlighted in blue below):

post-25707-0-26503000-1389716928_thumb.png

I'm 6'10" and was genuinely surprised how much of a difference the truck cab made.

I have seen a Puma with the seat back removed and a bit of foam Velcro'd to the back of the cab.

The oldies but goodies are:

• Smaller steering wheel.
  • Thin sports seats.
  • Seat runners.

It might be a case of "moving" the 2012 on and getting a Td5 or 300tdi without the huge dashboard (which may be the problem).

Cheers,

Mike

Cheers guys :i-m_so_happy:

Big Mike- I was thinking something along the lines of what Foley supply, but then removing the rear bulkhead (replacing with a bulkhead removal bar) then adding a new bulkhead from the bottom of the truck cab down to the tub floor. This would enable seat risers to be used to full effect and also provide a storage solution for small items behind the seats. Unfortunately it doesn't look like anyone offers that option as a complete job however.

I've mentioned seat risers/smaller steering wheel to him and he liked that idea. He was considering removing the tray under the steering wheel to gain more room for his knees, but the lower corner that holds the speaker would still be in the way and can't be removed neatly.

Ash- That certainly looks a lot cheaper, but I don't think they offer the fitment service as he would like.

I might have a hunt around and see if theres a separate company that would be prepared to fit the NOR version.

Thanks all,

Harry