Temperamental Starting

Hi, I have a 2006 Defender 130 which has recently become temperamental on starting. About 40% of the the time it starts fine while the remainder all you get when you turn the key is a soft click as if you have zero power in the battery. I normally reset the immobilizer and after 1 - 2 mins of turning the key the car seems to fire up no problem. The non starting is becoming more frequent, I have charged the battery and changed some of the fuses which needed doing. Any suggestions on how to resolve the problem would be really helpful.

A friend had this happen with his TD5.It's the contacts in the solenoid, a weakness of the Denso starter. But you don't need to replace the starter, there are kits about to fix the contacts cheaply, eg http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Denso-Starter-Solenoid-Contact-Kit-Landrover-Defender-Discovery-TD5-JAPAN-/290972477946?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43bf4fa9fa there are others as well. I think you can do it with starter in situ, but we took it off so you can see what you are doing (sight that bad couldn't get heads far enough away to focus), and it's only another bolt or two to take it off. Worked perfectly after that, and still does. If you are stuck and it doesn't work trying giving the solenoid a tap. But the kit is the permanent (at least for a while) fix,