Seat box refurb

Pete,

While mine was out I gave it a really good clean, fitted new end plates from YRM because the old ones were a bit scruffy and corroded, then spend a bit of time sticking Flashband on the underside of it. Once it is in place, I go over it lightly with a hot air gun which softens the adhesive. I use one of those narrow (2" wide?) wall paper rollers to really get it moulded into corners and any changes in profile. I also stick it onto the top surfaces, cutting out the holes for seat / handbrake bolts using a piece of copper pipe as a die. Looks quite smart in a gunmetal grey kind of way... it must make some difference to the noise but I can't really tell to be honest...

I fitted a marine battery isolator on the front of the box (For 2 batteries - 1, 2, 1+2, off), an Anderson 175 Plug and the little tail that comes with a Ctek charger because I've bolted Mazda seats in and it takes a bit of effort to get to the batteries.

YRM also do moulded corner pieces for the corners at the front of the box that get kicked on the way in/out. Excellent for hiding the edges if you fit carpet or something. I initially thought the fit could have been a bit better until I realised I'd fitted the wrong on, correct it and they are an excellent snug fit.