Can std spring U-bolts be used on Parrabolic springs

Cornish Rattler

Hi guys

As you may know I have taken over the restoration of the 2a swb for my self and as the new galv chassis is sat on new std GB springs I have decided on replacing them with GB parabolic springs and as I can't find any suitable U-bolts for parras just thought could I use the new std U-bolts that are fitted to the std springs atm, what do you think :)

Edited by Cornish Rattler

31 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

Not normally, the parabolic springs are thinner packs...

.....and if you look on the GB springs site they do them as a kit : http://www.gbsprings.co.uk/land-rover/

;)

Yeah i've bought the kit before for my last 2a from paddocks but they don't seem to do the kit anymore just sell the springs separately but I have seen the same kit you have linked but wasn't sure what make the springs were but look the same as in your link so I mite just buy that instead :)

5 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

Cool.

Not wishing to be supplier-ist, but I think you will find better/more help elsewhere.

E.g: 

http://www.brit-car.co.uk/search.php?query=parabolic&xBrand=&part_type=&xSupplierID=&product-sort=&xPerPage=10

Sorry I didn't read the paddocks site properly as they don't show the U-bolts and nuts with the springs but its says they all come as a kit and cheaper than the ebay add I was looking at so I will buy the kit from paddocks now :)