300tdi water pump alternatives?

cipx2

The genuine water pump on my 300tdi Discovery that I fitted 3 years and 12000 miles ago is thinking to let me down. It doesn't leak or makes noise but the pulley has a play of about 1-2 mm (the three bolts holding the pulley to the flange are tight). I found this while investigating a squeaky serpentine belt.

I've search a bit and found this 'uprated' version: http://www.island-4x4.co.uk/water-pump-300...086-p-1527.html

Does anyone know something about this version?

By the way, who is/was the OEM for the water pumps?

Searching the net a bit I found these versions/manufacturers:

- Valeo: click the "Valeo Web Catalogue" in the upper right corner here: http://www.valeoservice.com/html/unitedkin...gueproduits.php then do an Article Direct Search for STC1086

- Dolz: http://www.idolz.com/uk/w_productos.php?ref=F-140

- Saleri: http://www.saleri.it/catalogo/risultati.as...odiceSIL=PA1219

As you can see in last link, the pump is the same as on Ford Maxion 2.5 diesel engines.

At some point I thought the pumps with the round flange is a Ford design and the triangular shape flange is a LR design. Not sure of this now.

So, which one to get? Thoughts please. TIA

If anyone has a genuine water pump handy it would be interesting to know the EAN code (the bar code - 13 figures). We might find out who the manufacturer is.

I've e-mailed island4x4 last night, no reply yet. Although I'm not a Britpart fan I'd buy things from them if I'd know who the manufacturer is or if they're genuine.

The island4x4 pump looks very much like the Saleri one. Here's another pic of a Saleri PA1219:

post-1725-1228312458_thumb.jpg

I've seen places which sell the PEB500090 (old STC1086) as genuine and indicate QH (Quinton Hazell Automotive - qha.com) as the supplier/manufacturer, QH part# QCP3496.

QH has (or had) a couple of plants producing water pumps (UK and Spain) and they do list LR on their website (no reference to which parts they supply though).

Other aftermarket suppliers/manufacturers and part #s:

Delphi WP2404

FAI WP6300

Firstline FWP1797

Unipart GWP2721

Valeo 506732

Airtex AIR1695

No reply from island4x4 although I've e-mailed them a second time at a different address.

Anyway, I decided to stay with the genuine part.

I still didn't figure out who's the OEM.

The supplied gasket is from Glaser.

I don't remember seeing the logo on the pump before (3rd pic, to the left). Maybe someone has a clue on that?.

Pics:

post-1725-1228930011_thumb.jpg

post-1725-1228930038_thumb.jpg

post-1725-1228930067_thumb.jpg

post-1725-1228930089_thumb.jpg

post-1725-1228930112_thumb.jpg

post-1725-1228930138_thumb.jpg

post-1725-1228930159_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...

Hi,

About Island 4x4 uprated water pump.

I purchased two. Looks strong and good

One installed into my Disco, but maybe I was unlucky with it, because the first pump lifetime was only 16'000km. (bearing gone,it was very noisy but not leaking)

The second still ok.

If this gone too, I'll buy OEM.

Barna

As you can see in last link, the pump is the same as on Ford Maxion 2.5 diesel engines.

The Maxion 2.5 diesel is a 300tdi. It's the 2.5 version of the International 2.8TGV. Used (I think) in some Ford Rangers in South America.

• 9 months later...

No reply from island4x4 although I've e-mailed them a second time at a different address.

Anyway, I decided to stay with the genuine part.

I still didn't figure out who's the OEM.

The supplied gasket is from Glaser.

I don't remember seeing the logo on the pump before (3rd pic, to the left). Maybe someone has a clue on that?.

[snip]

I know this is an oldie, but I was doing a Google search the other day after my pump failed and this thread turned up.

Anyway, if anyone was still wondering the pictured OE pump is an Airtex from Spain, and FWIW they've gone back to a pressed metal impeller.