New member looking to buy

speed1972

Hi guys, thought i'd join up as it looked a good place to get some info before making a purchase.

I currently drive an '03 M3 but fancy a change, been looking at an overfinch 580s. Never owned anything in the way of 4x4 before so any helpful hints or things to look out for would be appreciated.

Hi guys, thought i'd join up as it looked a good place to get some info before making a purchase.

I currently drive an '03 M3 but fancy a change, been looking at an overfinch 580s. Never owned anything in the way of 4x4 before so any helpful hints or things to look out for would be appreciated.

totaly different ball game in respect to performance handling and economey! servicing stays pretty much as per the factory manual apart from that it is a pretty sound motor as it is a reworked original engine just bored out reworked suspension and brakes.

factors to consider are cost of brakes if they are majorly uprated as overfinch are quite hard to obtain parts from i have been told other wise it is gen or very good aftermarket items

For my 2p worth,

I owned an Overfinch Classic 570Ti which uses the 5.7 Chevy LT1 motor with uprated brakes, air suspension and steering.

What a car ! It goes, stops and steers like a GTI. IMHO it is the Classic that Land Rover should have built.

The only BUT, and it is a big one, is fuel economy. :(

A 5.7 Chevy drinks heavily, and mine was no exception. At best it would return 12 mpg if driven like a little old lady. Drive it the way you feel you should, and you drop into single figures very rapidly :o

However, if you can afford the fuel, or can keep it for weekends and high days, go for it.

If nothing else, you can blow the doors off the Corsa generation, and give some of the turbo'd bigger fish a shock at the lights :P - Boy do they get upset when taken by a Range Rover :lol: :lol: :lol:

Adrian.