Discovery 1: 1989 -1998 rims

Thys

Just read James Taylor's book titled "Land Rover Discovery 1989 - 1998. He cleared a lot of questions I had regarding the Discovery 1's. But one topic which I still find not very clear are the alloy rims used. Some rims can be identified by comparing the photos and descriptions, but there are some discrepancies. So my big question is: How does the following rims look (I will use the descriptions from the book):

1. Deep dish alloy

2. Boost alloy

3. 5 Spoke Free Style Choice alloy

4. Castor alloys

5. Tornado alloys

6. Sculptured alloys

I also gathered that some were silver and some were gun metal Grey.

I tried some web sites, they have pictures, but no LR names. Are there web sites or links that show these rims with pics and descriptions?

Thanks

Just read James Taylor's book titled "Land Rover Discovery 1989 - 1998. He cleared a lot of questions I had regarding the Discovery 1's. But one topic which I still find not very clear are the alloy rims used. Some rims can be identified by comparing the photos and descriptions, but there are some discrepancies. So my big question is: How does the following rims look (I will use the descriptions from the book):

1. Deep dish alloy

2. Boost alloy

3. 5 Spoke Free Style Choice alloy

4. Castor alloys

5. Tornado alloys

6. Sculptured alloys

I also gathered that some were silver and some were gun metal Grey.

I tried some web sites, they have pictures, but no LR names. Are there a web sites or links that shows these rims with pics and descriptions?

Thanks

I also have his great book for info on the disco, and all the wheels are shown in the book and they depend on vin and model..

1. XS wheels

2. Similar to above and vin no. VA

3. ES wheels

4. 200 series

5. For vin no. VA

6. No info

I also have his great book for info on the disco, and all the wheels are shown in the book and they depend on vin and model..

1. XS wheels

2. Similar to above and vin no. VA

3. ES wheels

4. 200 series

5. For vin no. VA

6. No info

Thanks Teabag,

I went through the detail again. I may be mistaken, but looking at the photos there is a difference in the spoke cross sectional shape of the Deep Dish and Boost. The Deep Dish spoke has more of a rounded spoke, where the Boost has a more angular spoke?

Then I also note that the first 5 doors had a "fat" spoke alloy, with the spokes slightly angeled,(maybe the Sculptured alloy) which were later replaced with the flat 5 spoke alloy as on the ES?

Still can't find a pic of the Tornado alloy.

I now note that the Castor alloy has a small flat section behind the center hub, between the spokes.

In South Africa the side decals were not added to the models, so that was what made the comparison difficult.

Regards

Tornado is the later name/version of the Freestyle (or vice versa?).

From left to right: FreeStyle/Tornado, Deep Dish, Styled, Cyclone, Castor, Boost.

post-1725-126799507447_thumb.jpg

Never heard of "Sculptured", perhaps it reffers to Styled.