Wiper wheel box fault

I've just replaced the wiper wheel box on my defender but having a problem with the new one as the cable from the motor keeps slipping on the cog wheel when under pressure e.g when putting the wiper arm back on...any ideas on how to fix this??

Thanks

Malcolm :D

on the wiper wheelbox cover plate there is a part you can bend inwards to the gear to adjust the in/out end float, try bending it inwards a bit,

is the drive cable in good condition ?

The cable seem to good condition I did attach a pic but not sure where it's gone in cyber space, as for the end float is that the middle part bracket which cover the cable?

The cable seem to good condition I did attach a pic but not sure where it's gone in cyber space, as for the end float is that the middle part bracket which cover the cable?

the bit in the orange ring in this photo, is the bit to bend further in, so it holds the gear better

post-20-127750456403_thumb.jpg

the bit in the orange ring in this photo, is the bit to bend further in, so it holds the gear better

Thanks for the quick reply! this could be the problem as I wasn't aware that you could adjust it was my thinking

just to replace :blink: ...I will give it a try first thing in the morning.

I ended up welding one of my ones as it seemed to have a mind of it's own,luckily it was the passenger side one, what it would do is it would work for about a week then the wiper that side would do it's own thing even though I'd removed the dash several times to fix it the way you've described Ralph-hence why I welded it up, Now I don't have any problems with it at all

John

I manage to get it fix, it was giving me a bit of mayhem from the begin as I bent the float in & out but still no dice...It was my guess that it was not tight enough as well so making sure everything was tight & the obvious happened, over tighten lost the tread on the bracket :unsure: but built it up with washers good as new.

As for the drive cable still slipping so I stuck a screw driver between the cable and the middle of the bracket this worked so, I bent the bracket over the cable giving it more down pressure...I just hope I don't have take it of again!!!

Now that iron is hopefully out the fire I need to know where the wiper park switch is located?? needs replacing.

Thanks for your input don't stop now :) as I'm not so mech minded...helping me to think outside the box.

Malcolm.