Rock/tree sliders

Kevm

I want to make a pair of rock/tree sliders as the sill panels on mine are covered with bent alloy checkerplate and look carp.

I have searched and found lots of people who want drawings but not found any decent drawings but from what I have seen 80x40x3mm  box seens to be a sensible size.

One thing that I have noticed is at the front and back there is a screw that goes though the rubber wheel arch and screws into the end of the existing sill - how do you fix that if you have a slider? I plan to get them galvanised so dont really want any little holes in the ends, I suppose I could drill them afterwards.

Anyone got any drawings and what did you do about the wheel arch screws?

Yo you will have to have holes in them to galvanise them. You could leave them as box, get some plastic end caps and then just self tapper the arch into this. I don't run any screws in the bottom of my arches so the tyre can push them out as the suspension flexs, a little crude perhaps but they always spring back and it works so I've left it.

will.

I did  wonder about vent holes and it seems the galvanisers need holes top and bottom to let the air out, the odd thing after looking at loads of sliders yesterday (most of which were galvanised) no one has mentioned putting holes in or having to plug them after to stop them filling with mud and no one has mentioned about the screws/pins that support the ends of the arches.

So looks like I will have to drill and tap the ends to take the arch screws and put in vent holes which I will plug after.