Importing a Landy

madcanuck

Hey All,

Just found the NA forum, I'm in the UAE and have a 85 110 V8 Dbl Cab and am planning to ship it back to BC next year. I've been doing some research through customs, my question is, do any of you have any wisdom regarding importation, I'd like to fill the conatainer with spares, any idea what customs' take on this would be?

Cheers,

Tracy

Hey All,

Just found the NA forum, I'm in the UAE and have a 85 110 V8 Dbl Cab and am planning to ship it back to BC next year. I've been doing some research through customs, my question is, do any of you have any wisdom regarding importation, I'd like to fill the conatainer with spares, any idea what customs' take on this would be?

Cheers,

Tracy

It shouldn't be any problem.I just imported a 110 into Canada by Ro/Ro and had the underseat storage and battery compartment stuffed with parts.Absolutely no problem with customs.

Mike

• 5 weeks later...

I don't think you'll have any problem at all filling the container with spares. I think everyone I've ever talked to who's imported a Land Rover has done this.

I ended up not importing my Land Rover (bought it locally) but have researched things quite a bit and am bringing in a Subaru right now for my dad, although it's only from the US so it's a little different. The main thing is to make sure you have all your paperwork 100% in order. It's when customs officials get suspicious that you start to have problems. If your chassis/bulkhead/engine serial numbers don't match you might want to have documentation on why this is, and where the donor parts came from, just in case. For instance, if your V8 is a 3.5 litre that came with the vehicle you'll be fine, but if it's a 4.6 out of an '03 then you should research that pretty carefully. Go to www.riv.ca, check out everything, then call them and ask them in detail what you will need to do. They've been pretty helpful every time I've called, including this afternoon.

Good luck,

- Andrew.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Would that be a problem? if the engine number matches the invoice/customs dockets customs may ask what happened to the original if they know it should be 3.5L

When passing though customs be prepared to answer any questions with good documentation but do not give any unasked for information. It is not needed or welcomed.

John