3.5 V8 Vee Belt Tensioner Bearing

I have been thinking about simple things that could cause me grief in the middle of nowhere and started to think about the water pump vee belt tensioner bearing. Checking on the John Craddock site they are offering a replacement bearing for £82.42 ex vat and a complete tensioner unit for £44.78 also ex vat, make of that what you will. The price for the bearing seems a little excessive to put it mildly! I was wondering if anybody out there happens to know what the bearing part number is from a supplier such as Timken or SKF? I know the LR part number is 614154 but that doesn't get me far and I don't feel like stripping out the tensioner to find out either!! According to the JC site the same tensioner is fitted to the 200Tdi engine. Any assistance gratefully received.

Cheers,

Del

On 17/08/2017 at 9:27 AM, neil110 said:

http://www.thepart.com/Search.aspx

The bearing as a separate part has been superceded by the tensioner assembly, which is common to 200 and V8

However if you follow the link above, there are bearings available for less than the price requested by Cradocks

Neil,

Thank you for the information.

Del

As luck would have it I have a spare tensioner assembly which has a notchy bearing. I spent some time looking at it this morning and for the life of me I cannot work out how it comes apart, unless you draw the bracket off the pulley wheel shaft and there is a retaining clip for the bearing within the pulley wheel itself

On 22/08/2017 at 0:19 PM, neil110 said:

As luck would have it I have a spare tensioner assembly which has a notchy bearing. I spent some time looking at it this morning and for the life of me I cannot work out how it comes apart, unless you draw the bracket off the pulley wheel shaft and there is a retaining clip for the bearing within the pulley wheel itself

Thanks again Neil. The next time I'm in the UK I will get a complete unit to bring back.

Cheers,

Del