6x6 107" Fire brigade Toylander style

Well, with the 86" Expedition bed completed to 90%, it´s now time for starting the next proyect for my son: a Toylander style Land Rover Series I 107" fire engine.

I want something easier to transport than the average Toylander (1/2 scale). I want something that will fit the basket of a Towbox Cargo: 110x65 cm. My scale: 1/3.

That scale will make it to short for an adult to fit inside vehicle, so mine will be based in a LWB Land Rover.

Next problem with scale: not enough room between floor and bonnet for an adult´s feet. Solved with Fire Engine theme. Hoses above bonnet will disguise the space for adult´s feet.

Again, that scale on a LWB design will give space for an adult, but not for batteries or motor. Solved with bicylce hub drive motor + brake disc, arranged as a fake winch outside the body above front bumper and locating batteries at a "trailer" that will be not such, but a detachable (during transport) pivoting chassis section with play on pitch and roll.

Movement from the "winch" will go to front axle, with steering but no suspension. From here movement will got to rear, "A" feamed an air suspension equipped, rear axle and also to "trailer".

Beeing so narrow, about 55 cm, roll over protection will be needed.

It will need some kind of gearbox, since bicycle motor has no reverse.

04 Lembing.jpg

13a6bb09c53ad54f39ad80163ec1648f.jpg

9621633099_79fcf0e8f9.jpg

prodeco-outlaw-ss-750-watt-direct-drive-rear-hub-motor-and-avid-elixr-5-rear-disc-brake.jpg

TBC0001 TowBox Cargo portaequipajes219.jpg

TNQRover107FIRE2.JPG

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Ok, things go really slow. More than one year later and the garage build is not complete. My right hand needed surgery, and I have been disabled for that reason a pair of months. Now, in full working order, both wife and I have decided to say goodbye to our jobs and have started an artisian cheese business.

I have decided to ditch the toylander style project for now. I think that I will use some 6" hoverboards for powering it, since they have motor, controller and battery in one single package. The price of this devices has lowered quite a lot in in last years.

Meanwhile, my son is riding a Jeep with twin 12 volt motors. It has been a presen from his uncle...chief mechanic at local franchised Jeep dealer.