TD5 Cruise control problem

So I have changed final gear (by using 1:1 transfer case), and due to that - the cruise control is not working on 5th gear anymore, 

Speedo shows correct speed (since that is based on ABS sensors I assume?) 
but I guess ECU detects an abnormal RPM vs. actual speed - and refuses to engage the cruise control.

anyone have a solution or an idea to a solution ?

this is Disco-2, but but I think this is a TD5 generic question, since cruise control is part of engine management on TD5 ?

Edited by Rickard

I had a similar problem with my Td5 Defender, the £10 DIY cruise control worked perfectly until I installed a rebuild gearbox with a V8 ratio 5th gear. After that the CC would engage but automatically knock itself off within 10 seconds because the pulse signals sent to the ECU were outside of it's operating parameters. Fitting a Speedo-healer worked perfectly, took 5 mins to wire in and calibrate, it maintains its memory if you disconnect the battery etc. 

Due to a change in tyre sizes, the speedo gauge read accurately against GPS true speed which I wanted to maintain. Instructions suggest fitting between the transfer box and speedo however I popped it after the speedo so as to correct the pulse signals into the ECU without adjusting the reading shown on the speedometer.

May be able to dig out some wiring diagrams with associated scribbles if that helps?