2007 Puma, no ignition lights & wont start??

Hello to the group…

For various reasons for the last couple of weeks I’ve only used the landrover when I have to… Thus it stands, not moved for more time than I’d like. I know the battery goes flat if not used, so I’ve left it on ‘trickle charge’ for a couple of days. 

Today I tried to move the vehicle. The car unlocked ok with the key fob, when I put the key in and turn it, no ignition lights came on… Yet if I try and start it, the engine turns over OK, until I assume the immobiliser disables the starter? It doesn’t appear to be the battery giving up and a 2nd, or 3rd attempt still turns the engine over OK.

The landrover has just 35k miles on it, and most of those are mine.

Anyone got an idea what I could have a look at??

• 2 months later...

Hi, wonder if you can help me.

have a Defender Puma. Worked fantastic but suddenly will not start. Check the battery and it was poor so changed for a new one. It will still not start. The light go on, the dash goes on, no crank, no sound of the solenoid either. 

How can I know if it it got inmobolized or if it another problem? If inmobolized how can I reset it.