Modifying eng oil cooler lines on a 200TDI 12L

Seem to get one problem sorted, another couple rear their ugly heads!

Engine came from a early 90's Discovery (200TDI 12L). Going into a project vehicle where major modifications seem to be the norm. Latest thing was that I found the original engine oil cooler lines, but won't fit up without some reworking.

The oil filter housing is a very tight squeeze up against the drivers side chassis rail, looks the only way I would be able to get it to fit is have some sort of right angle banjo fitting made up to fit the oil cooler thermostat housing. The other line is OK at the filter end. Although using the original radiator as a stop gap measure until I sort a lot of  instillation issues out, no way the lines can fit in their current configuration. That part of it doesn't worry me too much as when I get around to fitting the modified radiator, I'll probably get a separate oil cooler radiator made up.

Whoever pulled the engine at least had the common sense to fit large plugs to the inlet/outlet ports on the filter housing, just hope they didn't butcher some "that looks close enough" non metric plugs. Engine has only been run for about an hour and a half since instillation in the new chassis , either at idle or half engine speed at best, not under load conditions. that was only to test other issues, mainly electrical or water coolant ones.

I know it's probably not really good practice to have these lines blanked off, if they weren't necessary the manufacturers wouldn't fit them, but under no load conditions other than letting the oil get a bit hot, can't see too much drama. Next job on the ticket for the engine anyway, once a few minor engine coolant issues sorted.

Which brings up another query. Have seen where some photos show the water thermostat spout pointing to the drivers side, guess its the same spout just turned around. If so, going to save me modifying the top spout, rough measuring puts the inlet/outlet almost in a straight line, should even leave enough room to refit the fluid coupling fan if I want to.

Bottom radiator spout needs moving from one side to the other , again when I get the unit cleaned inside and out, get the radiator shop to move it. Radiator once installed will sit a bit higher than the standard Disco, about the same width, but larger capacity. Only thing is, wont be able to run any sort of header tank unless I attach it to the back of the cab like a lot of cab over trucks do, then you have to run hoses all over the place, plumbers nightmare.

Dave64