Need help - 04 Freelander 1 window wiper linkage

barmy

Here's hoping someone can help me out,

The window wiper linkage on my 2004 Freelander has broken , been checked out by my local garage, but the spare part is out of stock at Landrover without a date for re-stocking.

My MOT is due in April so the garage suggested that I obtain a used part but not being in the car business I do not know where to start this search.

I live near Manchester so if anyone out there can direct me to a local breaker or someone who can supply me with a used window wiper linkage I would be much appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation

Simon

Thanks Fridge Freezer,

Not being a mechanic though ,and if I manage to obtain a used one on E-bay how do I fit it? Would a garage fit it for me?

Had a quick look on E-bay and there are various versions so I probably need to see what I already have so I don't get the wrong one, has any one got easy to follw instructions?

Thanks

Simon

A garage will do anything if you're paying them! :P

I've not had to fiddle with the FL wiper linkage, if you dig out the RAVE manuals or parts drawings (see the technical archive forum for both) you should be able to see how it all goes together and decide if you want to risk it yourself.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the linkage break on mine last month, one of the ball and socket joints would not hold together.Easy fix with these clips

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/LAND-ROVER-FREELANDER-WINDSCREEN-WIPER-MOTOR-LINKAGE-LINK-REPAIR-CLIP-KIT-STRONG/152577418208?hash=item238652a3e0:g:73oAAOSwPhdVEukj

Its easy to remove the skuttle panel to get to the wiper mechanism after the wiper arms are removed.The wiper mechanism is held in by 3 easy to access bolts and lifts out.The clips can then be fitted.