New head light wiring section / loom

Hello all,

I'm looking to replace the head light wiring loom / section, as I have now got another little wiring issue with the dip lights staying on. I imagine it's an earth wire caught / snagged ect. Can't turn the dip lights off without either pulling the fuse or battery.

I could spend hours tracing cables and checking for shorts, I'd rather just replace that section and be done with it. Where is the best place to get the wire to make it myself or where can I get this part of the loom? I don't want to repalce all of it at the moment. As that would be £450, and an eight week wait.

Thanks.

disconnect the dim dip black box behind the instruments or if 300tdi onwards pull the pink case relay, then jumper wire in the terminals for the 2 blue/red wires.

I made my own headlight relay to fit my 110. there are plenty of post on here on how to do it.

with the switches disconnected, everything should be off unless you have a power leakage somewhere thats big enough to make the headlights illuminate, try pulling each fuse to elimate each circuit, when you pull a fuse if the headlights go off you've found the problem circuit.

Hi Western,

I've done that and know it's the dim light, when I pull those fuses that are a problem, they go out. This is why I am looking to replace the wiring, I just don't want to spend lots of time on it. As it's old and problematic, I am trying to either buy the complete loom for the headlights, all the way to the fuses, or find where I can buy the correct colour coded wire and I'll make a new section.