Forward facing rear seats or get a CSW

HI

I am after your opinions\experience please

I have been looking for an older 110 CSW  but I am on a limited budget so a project would be fine..my main criteria is that i need to also transport my kids aged 7 & 13 as well a tow heavy loads at times. I was wandering if it was worth considering converting a 110 with forward facing rear seats as I will get a better vehicle initially for my money but the cost of doing a conversion properly looks to be in the region of 1K with the conversion kit & seats etc..would i be best to keep looking for a CSW or is this a worthwhile consideration\conversion?  

What is your budget? Kids will be safer in forward facing seats particularly the later TDCi type ones, although instances of Defender crashes are very rare.

How many kids do you have? Are you talking about buying a 110 with only the front driver/passenger seat and converting it?

They are out there at that money. But not at dealers or on Ebay. Try “Classic Car Weekly” or “Classic Cars For Sale” there are a few in there without the silly season prices often being asked elsewhere.

Your kids can go in the second row seats which are forward facing anyway 

the rear compartment can be used for all your kit and kids bikes etc.

Put a dog guard behind the second row seats to stop the luggage flying forward in the unlikely event that you do have an accident.