Clutch problems

Daniel1991

Hi all so I have a discovery 200tdi and have been having some problem ie when I got it the clutch had to be replaced so I got that done but didn't last long as the diff locked up an the pressure caused the clutch release lever to break so I have now put a new clutch in my self an couldn't get clutch pressure so I have replaced the slave/ master cylinder and am still struggling to get pressure if it isn't running I feel pressure in the pedal but when I start the car it loses pressure and struggles to go.into gear any ideas on what this could be. Many thanks dan

Still think there may be air in there  Starting at the master cylinder  crack open all the joints in sequence should be fluid and no air also remove slave cylinder and push piston in so it minimises the space for air locks  worked for me in the past  also check condition of flexi hoses as they can break down and cause an obstruction if you continue to pump pedal does it feel better and once you stop does clutch fade again this would also indicate air in the system as previously mentioned gunnisons eazibleed is a great tool for this run plenty fluid through to flush out air failing all that you may have to check all is good in the box clutch release arms have been known to punch through and new parts have been known to fail  or not work at all hope some of this helps

On 1/27/2019 at 7:45 PM, bushwhacker said:

Hi, make sure the slave cylinder is fitted the correct way up.

@bushwhacker what way would the slave go then at tho moment the nipple is at the bottom but it was at top before as I thought maybe that would be it.. and @Stellaghost I used easybleed and there was air but cleared that through and no changed so now thinking the flexi or the damper so going to bypass that

Yes bleed nipple to the top as Stellaghost ssys. 👍

For sure at the bottom would look like the best place for easier blreeding but it just won't bleed. Make sure there are no kinks in the slave hose. Let us know how you get on plesse.

Good luck. Mark.

Edited by bushwhacker

On 1/31/2019 at 10:37 AM, bushwhacker said:

Yes bleed nipple to the top as Stellaghost ssys. 👍

For sure at the bottom would look like the best place for easier blreeding but it just won't bleed. Make sure there are no kinks in the slave hose. Let us know how you get on plesse.

Good luck. Mark.

How did you get on always good to know the solution to problems as this helps the forum community ta very much

@bushwhacker @Stellaghost still haven't got round to sorting it I ordered new pipe as I was told it could be the hose or the damper so going to bypass that but the pipe I ordered was the wrong size so now to order a new pipe lol but I will now turn the slave bk round tomorrow thanks guys will let you no how I do get on with it

@Stellaghost it's a new heavy duty fork I bit a heavy duty clutch kit on new slave and master new pipe to bypass the flexi and damper still no joy but before the clutch went again after a week of having a new one it was crunching into gear then still so now thinking something isn't engaging the clutch properly

@bushwhackerYh was a new heavy duty fork to full clutch kit was aligned just right well I hope so the gearbox shaft seemed to have gone in ok there is pressure on the pedals but atm I have no rear diff in or rear drive shaft so to try it I have to lock the diff but I put the clutch down and into diff but if I put it into gear it will go even with clutch down like it's not engaged properly!!