Epynt ranges opening times

Orgasmic Farmer

Hoping to take a trip across the Epynt at some point over the festive season. All I can establish is that they are open to the public over the christmas period but nowhere can I find any dates. Does anyone happen to know the definitive opening times? Also has anyone done any of the routes there and got any hints/tips?

Cheers

Mark

Also has anyone done any of the routes there

I've only driven the one from Llewel to Pentre-bach and that was a very nice lane, shame it's been lost now though :angry::angry:

What other lanes are up there ? I've not explored that area at all, but sounds like it'd be worth a trip if there are a few lanes up there

Guest diesel_jim

If anyone could PM or post on here any grid ref's of decent legal RoW's there, i'd be eternally grateful (well, i say eternally, maybe for half an hour or so.... :D )

There are a few ORPA across the ranges. Some I guess (from rallys up there) are tarmaced. Others, I hope, are still unsurfaced.

Its OK Graham, the MOD police won't be there anyway. They are all on holiday ;) ;)

ORPA roads are all tarmac, MOD Police will be on duty as they work shifts.

found this contact info --------------

Headquarters ATE Wales

Sennybridge Camp, Brecon, Powys LD3 8PN

Telephone: 01874 635599

E-mail: ATEWALES@senta.enta.net

Well we're back in one piece. Nice easy drive across the ranges. No flags, all barriers were open, place deserted. But mist spoilt it as viz was only about 100 metres all the way. Nevertheless a fine day out and the last lane of the day syndrone struck again and saw us (me!) stuck for some time on a most interesting BOAT we hadn't tried before. Definately one for the 36" simexes and locker brigade. Ho hum. Got the girls back with 10 mins to spare before the Carol Service else we would have been toast!

Well we're back in one piece. Nice easy drive across the ranges. No flags, all barriers were open, place deserted. But mist spoilt it as viz was only about 100 metres all the way. Nevertheless a fine day out and the last lane of the day syndrone struck again and saw us (me!) stuck for some time on a most interesting BOAT we hadn't tried before. Definately one for the 36" simexes and locker brigade. Ho hum. Got the girls back with 10 mins to spare before the Carol Service else we would have been toast!

Would that be the "interesting BOAT" that Kris ended up on his side and had to winch through then I just drove straight up?????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry Mate, I couldn't resist a bit of a stir!!!!!!!