Wipac WFL7LED - flasher unit for S3 - fitting instructions?

jessejazza

Recommended by Paddocks one can fit these to an S3. Whilst being for LED (as it has variable speed) they can also go with the standard lights.

What I am not sure of is the correct connections out of the four available. I should have bought the BritPart 2 pin unit instead!

The pins are L, L1, and then (+) and (-). Which two to use? One is for the trailer if used (not in my case as the wiring has been removed). Another for hazard lights if fitted with switch - not in my case.

Placed the order on Sunday for Express delivery and get it today! Now haven't been to work since.

I couldn't get the relay to work as there were no instructions. As you say one is perhaps better off just to stay with a 2-pin arrangement. I found several whilst i was turning out some boxes - one works ok so up and running now.

Little bit annoyed that the switch was faulty - no juice on the green-red wire for n/s indicator. I got it as the current stalk is a bit worn but had to put it back on and I'll send the other one back.

No doubt cost me my job so I am not too happy at present. Wish I could go on furlough like other lucky souls and have 7 months holiday! Get the LR rewired and my kitcar on the road.

2-pin is fine.

I'm sure it's most definitely not the case for all, but many seem to be doing very nicely. Had I been on 'wages',  I'd be furloughed too. Instead I missed the gravy in grants et al, (didn't get the tax-return in on time) and will be lucky to see any handout, business is shot right now. Hey ho...

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2020 at 2:08 AM, Landrover17H said:

2-pin is fine.

I'm sure it's most definitely not the case for all, but many seem to be doing very nicely. Had I been on 'wages',  I'd be furloughed too. Instead I missed the gravy in grants et al, (didn't get the tax-return in on time) and will be lucky to see any handout, business is shot right now. Hey ho...

All been a bitter experience for me I regret to say. I'm just spending the next 1-2 weeks working non stop on my kit car so I have reserve transport.