200Tdi Discovery immobiliser, windows, and central locking....

Tetsu0san

Hi all

I've got two 200Tdi Discovery's which both share a problem, with one being a lot worse than the other. The central locking is sporadic, sometimes very slow to react (if at all), the electric windows occasionally work and then don't (which is usually tied in with the cntral locking not working), and sometimes the immobiliser just doesn't want to play ball. The alarm (or at least the flashing indicators) will go off all by itself too.

I think I'm right in saying that there is one module that controls all these functions. I've bypassed it on one of the Discovery's to get it started and allow me to move it around, but it's not where I want to leave it.

If I am correct and it's the one module, what is usually wrong with it? Is it dry joints, fried components, lose wires, or something else?

Any information would be greatly recieved.

Cheers

A 200 tdi doesn't have modules/ECU's. It is simply relay fed. The immobiliser is operated by the drivers door lock, simply switching off the fuel relay. The window relay is either in the drivers or passenger foot-well, behind the plastic trim.

Central locking issues are simply ageing solenoids or poor connections

21 minutes ago, Nonimouse said:

A 200 tdi doesn't have modules/ECU's. It is simply relay fed. The immobiliser is operated by the drivers door lock, simply switching off the fuel relay. The window relay is either in the drivers or passenger foot-well, behind the plastic trim.

Central locking issues are simply ageing solenoids or poor connections

I don't think you're right (but i could be wrong). There is a box under the dash which seems to control all of the above, AMR2106. This is what I think is causing all my problems.

4 minutes ago, Nonimouse said:

You'd best check the engine then - because that box is from a 300tdi

Unless it's been retrofitted

Check the engine? In what way? If it's a 200Tdi or a 300Tdi? They're both 200Tdi's and they're both standard. They both have the same module and they both have one button fobs.

late or early models?

AMR2106 is a factory option offered on the early 300dti and on RRC from about 1990. It's just a remote fob control. Same as you can buy aftermarket. It's unusual to see them fitted to a 200tdi.

They have nothing to do with the electric windows or the imobiliser - excepting the switching on of the live circuit created by the drivers door lock, which allows the fuel solenoid to be switched on