12(J) Water Pump query

HI All, 

Just a general purpose query on the water pump boss on the TD200 engine (12J ??).

The actual boss which has the LEFT HAND thread for the viscuous fan! Because I am running a large electric fan and the offset of the fan itself is too large for my engine instillation, would be nice if I could shorten the threaded part, would give me an extra inch clearance between the water pump and the radiator itself.

I should note this is NOT in a L/R or R/R ! 

I have turned the radiator on its side, 45 degrees fits in nicely width and height wise, up for a new core, so first question would be can you fit a 4 or 5 core to the brass tanks?      I also know that I have to swap the inlet and outlet spouts, flus the brass filler plug and the line to the header tank, from one side to the other. Shouldn't be too much drama have a radiator bloke who made me something similar on another 4WD, albeit a few years ago. He said if it's a brass (it is) or copper one, can be done.

So what's involved in removing the actual threaded boss? My workshop book tells you little about it. If I can remove it and fit it in the lathe, I could turn the thing down myself.       Anyone ripped one apart?

Thanks, Dave64