Adding Insulation

Hi guys! So I have finally started applying sound dampener and insulation to my TD5. Now I’m far from a mechanic (though slowly learning) but I wanted into check the importance of having access from the inside of the truck from the panel under the cubby box and also the tunnel over gear box? Some people have said no need as access from underneath on a lift but just wanted to check before I attack it as to whether I should ensure both panels are easily removed :)

Thanks all!!

I think it is wise to leave access. There are some jobs such as swapping the speedo cable and adjusting the handbrake which are possible to do from under the vehicle but easier in my opinion to do from the centre access panel. 

Ah ok so I guess best practice is to ensure screws on both panels aren’t covered by insulation and then maybe make the carpet over the centre cubby panel cut so that it can easily roll up, same on the under seat panels? For the tunnel just ensure piece of carpet is fixed to just the tunnel so easily removed off with no glue around the edges to screw access? I guess may be best that I cut the original plastic cover to just fit the tunnel then wrap carpet around that?