Tdci brake servo

I just fitted a tdci brake servo to my defender. The servo just blowing air out of the  servo hole . I pretty sure it broken .I have never seen a servo do that . Any  advice the seller tried to tell me it came from a working car. Pump the pedal just getting a whoosh of air from the vaccume pipe hole

On 3/11/2022 at 2:38 PM, Jim young said:

I just fitted a tdci brake servo to my defender. The servo just blowing air out of the  servo hole . I pretty sure it broken .I have never seen a servo do that . Any  advice the seller tried to tell me it came from a working car. Pump the pedal just getting a whoosh of air from the vaccume pipe hole

As I understand it you will get a whoosh of air when you press the pedal, without the vacuum pipe connected, this whoosh comes from the fact you are pressing the pedal and displacing the internal diaphragm, thus causing air to be displaced and exiting the vacuum pipe hole. The vacuum supplied by the car pump / engine sucks the chamber before the diaphragm and when you press the pedal atmospheric pressure is allowed into the other side of the diaphragm to assist the braking pressure, you will need to connect up vacuum pipe and try it in earnest regards Stephen