Laid up L322 now will not start

Simon_CSK

I parked up my L322 12 months or more ago and it was running fine but the gearbox or torque convertor had failed and needed replaced. Will all of my other toys I parked it up with the intention of getting it sorted sometime soon.

Well today was that day. Put a charged battery into the car turned the key and it fired up immediately and despite stuck brakes managed to pull the car forward by about 3 feet. There was no obvious bumps or bangs. The engine sounded lovely. Turned off the key and the car refused to re-fire. I assumed the immobiliser so got the spare keys and the car was loking and unlocking on the remote fine but again would not fire. The dash lights up well but nothing.

I did clear the immobiliser and engine faults and nothing new has cropped up so now am at a complete loss as to why it doesn't start.

My first check having cleared all faults would be the battery. They are incredibly sensitive to battery charge and it is very easy for them to throw all sorts of faults if the battery is anything other than A1.

Perhaps try another known good battery?

Can you log live values with your code reader? Might be worth seeing battery voltage when trying to start?