Breather hole? 300tdi

Hello, I am very new to the defender scene having just bought mine a few weeks ago. So apologies in advance for this very silly question. Just looking for some answers or reassurance. I noticed while changing the oil that there seems to be a threaded hole on the transmission, or what I believe is the transmission😅I am really hoping this is a breather and not a sump plug gon vacation. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks

A623D52F-3C2D-4CAB-90E7-2F221595A2A9.jpeg

5D120024-C26F-4631-9691-7FB20E3A43C6.jpeg

2CDCB4B7-C257-473F-98F8-9B0393164CD7.jpeg

That is the drain hole in clutch housing so any fluid that leaks from the clutch slave cylinder or crank rear seal can escape & not contaminate the clutch, there is a screw in blank to fit when driving in deep water so water cannot get in, 

A search for Wading plug should find you a part number, it maybe in the vehicles tool roll if you have one

Wading plugs

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, western said:

That is the drain hole in clutch housing so any fluid that leaks from the clutch slave cylinder or crank rear seal can escape & not contaminate the clutch, there is a screw in blank to fit when driving in deep water so water cannot get in, 

A search for Wading plug should find you a part number, it maybe in the vehicles tool roll if you have one

Wading plugs

Thank you very much! I have a lot to learn!!