P38 glow plugs.

P38 Paul

Life of the glow plugs will depend on the use the car gets. 3 years seems short, but I've never had any trouble with NGK so use them for all plugs and various sensors etc. I think the originals for the BMW are Bosch.

On 1/4/2023 at 9:44 AM, Escape said:

Life of the glow plugs will depend on the use the car gets. 3 years seems short, but I've never had any trouble with NGK so use them for all plugs and various sensors etc. I think the originals for the BMW are Bosch.

Hi Filip, Its the NGK glow plugs that are lasting 3 years so I have ordered a set of Bosch for a change. thanks for your input, all the best, Paul.

Hi paul, I understood it was a set of NGKs that had failed. Which surprises me, as I use NGK for most/ all plugs and glow plugs and haven't had problems yet. I did read about a batch of knock-off NGKs that gave people trouble, the article was about petrol plugs but maybe there is/was a similar problem with glow plugs. Either way, as there's not much difference in price, it can't hurt to try a different brand. I hope the old ones all come out easily.

Filip

Hi Filip, I have had the car 18 years & this was the 5th set of NGKs that I have fitted so I think its time for a change. I fitted the Bosch plugs over the weekend so we will see how long they last. The old ones came out ok as I always fit them with a smear of copper grease when putting them in, regards Paul.

• Like 1