80's 90/110 header tank ?

I can't answer your question directly but there are definitely at least two types of brass header tank the 110 has a large bore lower hose around 22mm, the engine was a 2¼ diesel 1983. The ibex has one off a TD 1987 and the lower hose is around 14mm (the same size as the later plastic tank).

Mike

3 minutes ago, miketomcat said:

I can't answer your question directly but there are definitely at least two types of brass header tank the 110 has a large bore lower hose around 22mm, the engine was a 2¼ diesel 1983. The ibex has one off a TD 1987 and the lower hose is around 14mm (the same size as the later plastic tank).

Mike

Thanks mike, yeah i've got a series 2a that i converted to a tdi a few years ago and used the plastic tank with screw on cap that keeps leaking so i've decided to go to a brass tank and the one i've just bought is the one with the larger neck and need one woth a smaller neck 😒

47 minutes ago, miketomcat said:

I think ours had a short bit of hose to a copper 22mm to 15mm joiner then on the the 200tdi bottom hose.

Mike

Yes i've just found some 22mm - 16mm hose reducers on line so i've ordered them along with some 22mm hose to join into the 16mm hose 👍

• 2 weeks later...