2.5NA Air filter box

Hi guys, just wanted to introduce myself as a new member and pick a few brains while I'm at it.

I have a 84 110 which was converted by a previous owner from a 2.25 petrol to a 2.5NA diesel, unfortunately when they did this conversion they decided to keep the original oil bath type of air filter and I would now like to put the proper cartridge type on.

What I would like to know is if there is any difference between the 2.5NA's and the 2.5TD's filter box and hoses or are they interchangeable?

I would appreciate any help, as I'm having some trouble locating a second-hand NA filter box and hoses but have often seen the TD's ones up for grabs (obviously because the 19J gives up the ghost more often).

Cheers.

Welcome, you won't need the turbo's side air intake hose, but the air cleaner assembly will fit on the 2.5n\a diesel, IIRC almost a striaght swap for the existing unit, reckon you can use the existing air trunking too, to save some pennies.

Before posting my query I had a look at the forum technical archive and found pictures of a NA filter box under "Replacing the injector pump seal insitu, By Les Henson", in the pictures it shows two hoses connected to the box; am I right is assuming that the bottom hose in those pictures has been connected to a raised air intake (hence the hose) and in my case would be where the resonator is normally attached?

Thanks for the reply.