Jeep managing to make the same mistakes as Land Rover...

On 7/30/2024 at 2:11 PM, elbekko said:

The D3's body-off complaint is the same as the "VW service position" where the entire front end needs to be taken off for anything more than an oil change. DIYers think "oh no, I have to disassemble half the car". Meanwhile dealership techs are well trained at it, and can do it pretty quickly.

If it's all designed to come apart easily, I can see it being much easier to work like that. And the designers can stuff more sh*t in a 5-pound bag.

it does seem excessive, but look at how many times LR Time have done it.  if you have a two-post lift and the tools, it apparently is easier than I'd have imagined.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Oi, I resemble that remark!

(Before TSD says it!)

Are you any good with resetting iPads?  I just bought the outgoing model from my employer as I resigned; they supposedly did a factory reset on it and now I can't reconfigure it - I get the language and location choice pages followed by a screen saying it's Emirate's property, but they insist it is off the system...  EGIT are bloody awful, so god knows what they have done...

I am at the stage in life where I have zero interest in faffing with technology that is supposed to just work, I keep my limited supply of motivation for things I'm actually interested in fiddling with.

My experience with Apple products is constrained to nuking the now-unsupported OS on iMacs and installing Linux Mint to give it another 10 years service.

Got the iPad sorted - I had to press the “enroll now” button on the page saying it was under the admin of the te organization I wanted to un-enroll from.  How’s that for the proclaimed “Apple intuitiveness “?  🙄