200tdi Defender Heater wiring loom part numbers and wiring help

Defender

I wasn't sure if this should go here as I need more help than a part number so admin please feel free to move if necessary.

There is no wiring from the switch to the heater in my Defender.

I was trying to buy a loom and bought part code UTP1908.

Am I right in thinking this goes from the heater switch in the cab to the bulkhead? Did I also buy the right part code for a 200tdi?

So now the next question does anyone know the part number of the loom that goes from the heater itself to the part number above to connect to the switch?

I assume I then need to run a wire directly from the fuse box to the heater? What gauge wire should this be?

I assume the power is fed from the motor to the switch so the heater should then work?

Hopefully that all makes sense! :)

here you can find the heater parts :https://parts.jaguarlandroverclassic.com/parts/index/hierarchy/id/3.55717.55994/brand/land-rover/_gl/1*ew9nf9*_up*MQ..*_ga*OTUzNTEwNjgyLjE3Mjc4MDI1OTY.*_ga_6WEX61NFXZ*MTcyNzgwMjU5Ni4xLjAuMTcyNzgwMjU5Ni4wLjAuMjU3NDc0NDc./

if your loom is correct depends on chassisnumber -LHD/RHD etc .. that loom connects to the heater control , and the other end to the loom behind the instruments.

you probebly also need the resistor with the cable , this connects to the loom on the front off the bulkhead , i don't think you need to make a separate power wire.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for that!

There is no loom so I'm trying to piece this together.

So does the wiring loom JGK100160 connect directly to AAP890? Or is there something else in between?

So it looks like I did order the wrong switch to bulkhead loom I should have ordered AAP890....oops! I guess I can cut the plug off.

23 hours ago, Defender said:

There is no loom so I'm trying to piece this together.

you don't have a dashloom at the moment ? 

what engine is in it ? year of original car ....  LHD or RHD ....we need some more info to be able to help with what you need ....

9 minutes ago, hurbie said:

you don't have a dashloom at the moment ? 

what engine is in it ? year of original car ....  LHD or RHD ....we need some more info to be able to help with what you need ....

It's a 200tdi Defender 90 RHD 1993

The loom has been removed and only some things are wired (Don't ask me why I have no idea, it was like this when I bought it.........I guess the original loom was damaged maybe).

Anyway the heater doesn't work because it's not wired up to the switch and winter is coming!

So I was hoping I can wire the switch with AAP890/UTP1908 but then how does that get to the heater motor?

There are wires coming from the heater motor but pretty sure they won't reach to the bulkhead, I will take a photo from the heater side and upload it below.

So I guess I'm missing part of the loom that goes from the heater motor to the heater switch so can I just run the wires directly? 

i looked at the wiring diagram from a 2.5NA (i think the 200 is the same , but not sure)

white wire (from the ingnition barrel) goes to the fusebox , via a fuse the power goes thru the Purple/Green wire to the heater motor , the Green/Yellow and the Green/Slate wire go back to the heater switch (2 connection's on the heater switch) and ground via the ground terminal on the heater switch to earth.

i would open up the dash (behind the clocks) and look if you can find these wire colors (and see if something is connected to the heater switch), then take out the grey plastic panel and the parcel tray , here you should find the other plug that goes to the heater motor (maybee they forgot to feed it thru the bulkhead in to the engine bay) 

i hope this all make's sense .