LT95 vacuum actuated diff lock

MogLite

I've heard a rumour that will a little effort you can use vacuum diff lock actuator on an LT230

I've also heard that it can run on compressed air rather than vacuum.

I'm trying to reduce the number of levers MogLite will eventually have, so if I can get the central diff-lock air powered that would be a bonus.

Anyone know LT95's ?

Anyone got one going spare ?

Anyone got a biscuit to go with this cup of coffee ?

If you want the difflock to be pneumatic operated, I would think it would be easier to use a small pneumatic cylinder to operate the lever on top of the front output housing, than modify the vacuum actuator from an LT95.

Anorther consideration is the aftermarket actuators for the disco II models that did not have the difflock connected.

The actuator and shift fork for the LT95 diff lock are located in a housing that bolts to the RH side of the front output housing. Were you thinking of mounting this on an LT230? That would not be a trivial exercise. The diff lock mechanism is on the left side of the front output housing - there is not much clearance from the gearbox case.

The shift fork in the LT230 slides along a guide shaft and is pushed into the lock position by a coil spring that is concentric with the guide shaft. The lever on top of the front output housing pushes the guide shaft along and the guide shaft pushes against the spring that moves the shift fork.

It may be possible to make a new shaft and shift fork to replace the LT230 stuff and have the shaft extend through the front of the output housing. You could not just fit the LT95 shaft and fork.

Also there is not much clearance from the front drive flange and U-joint for an actuator and it would be vulnerable if a rock or tree branch lodged between the U-joint and the actuator. I'm using the larger disco II flange and double cardan joint which leaves very little room.

Yeah - I'd go with that - I'd use a small pneumatic cyclinder straight off of the engagement lever on the LT230. The just fabricate some sort of bracket to carry it. He presto run it off compressed air in a similar way to Nige and Paul Whiteman have on the freespools on their winches.

Parts are cheap and readily available from any Pneumatic suppliers.

Nige is your man for LT95 knowledge - he's taken enough of them apart!

Jon