intake temps

Tonk

got my egt guage and probe sorted now :)

i'm now looking at accurate (ish) ways of measuring intake temps, is there an easy way of measuring intake temperatures as i'm going to be mucking around with different and multiples of intercoolers :rolleyes: it doesnt have to be a permanent monitoring system, just a way of measuring til i get the right set up.

i'm now looking at accurate (ish) ways of measuring intake temps, is there an easy way of measuring intake temperatures as i'm going to be mucking around with different and multiples of intercoolers :rolleyes: it doesnt have to be a permanent monitoring system, just a way of measuring til i get the right set up.

Another probe (or the egt one relocated) sat in a colar placed in the pipework between the intercooler and inlet manifold. I've found mine is sensitive even at 'low' temperatures.

How about a multimeter with a temperature sensor ?

Maplins

I've got a different model, you could have a play with it at SS if you want

If you weren't too fussed about transient differences, you could put a water temp sender in the manifold and wire it through a switch to a gauge (if yours is marked in degrees, obviously). Not sure how accurate it would be, or how accurate you want it. For a qualitative measurement it could be quite adequate?

Or just use a 1.5mm K Type thermocouple - slip it inside the pipe and do the jubilee clip up as normal. If you clamping a rubber or silicon pipe onto a solid tube (i.e. an intercooler outlet) it will still seal fine.

Then you just need a multimeter which can read K-Type thermocouples (green plug).

When you've finished easy to remove as no mods made....

This is the method we use at work (if not a permenent fixture) without a problem.

Ian