Jump to content

RRC mudflap brackets, whats the long hole for?


Recommended Posts

Hi again all,

I've just made up a couple of rear mudflap brackets for my Rangie Classic using the remains of the rusted out originals as patterns.

The originals have an elongated hole approx 2" by 1/2" (50mm X 12mm) at one side. I can see no purpose for this hole so I haven't copied it into my replacements.

Just out of interest does anyone know what these holes are for, or is it another LR mystery?

Bob :huh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks western,

the bits I made up are called "retainer" or "panel, mudflap mounting" in your pics.

They don't show the holes I mentioned either so who knows what they were for.

Maybe your tyre alignment idea is correct, hadn't thought of that.

Bob :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience. By using our website you agree to our Cookie Policy